Obesity is a condition where a person’s Body Mass Index or BMI (calculated by dividing height by weight) is more than 30. It is becoming a global epidemic not only in developed nations but also in developing nations like India. Obesity is a huge issue in India too, with morbid obesity affecting 18% of the country’s population.
Bariatric surgical procedures cause weight loss by restricting the amount of food the stomach can hold, causing malabsorption of nutrients, or by a combination of both gastric restriction and malabsorption. Bariatric procedures also often cause hormonal changes. Most weight loss surgeries today are performed using minimally invasive techniques (laparoscopic surgery).
The most common bariatric surgery procedures are gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, adjustable gastric band, and biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch.
LLMH Centre for Bariatric Surgery is one of the largest centres for Bariatric Surgery in India, performing all the different types of weight loss surgeries including revision surgeries with success rates comparable to international standards. Bariatric treatment in India at LLMH has provided better outcomes and improved quality of life for hundreds of obese patients with the help of committed consultants, allied specialists and the best dieticians in India.
Obesity treatment at LMH is performed by some of the best bariatric surgeons in India. Bariatric Surgery Doctors in India adopt a variety of procedures for patients who have morbid obesity. Weight loss is achieved by reducing the size of the stomach with a gastric band or through removal of a portion of the stomach (sleeve gastrectomy or biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch) or by resecting and re-routing the small intestine to a small stomach pouch (gastric bypass surgery).
- Bariatric procedures including Gastric Band, Sleeve Gastrectomy, Gastric Bypass, Mini Gastric Bypass, Bilio-pancreatic diversion, and metabolic surgeries routinely done.
- Minimal access techniques done, including Endoscopic surgery, Laparoscopy, Single incision surgery & robotic surgery for Bariatrics.
- First weight loss hospital in India to introduce Robotic technique for Bariatrics
- Asia’s first scarless endoscopic revision gastroplasty for failed bariatric surgery
- Bariatric surgery on heaviest patient weighing 312 kgs
Doctors on Panel:
- Dr. Abhay Agarwal
- Dr. S Shah