The Centre for Neurosciences at Lifelline Medicare Hospitals provides the most comprehensive neurological care with best available technology to treat patients suffering from disorders of the brain, spine, or nervous system. Our team of dedicated neurosurgeons, neurologist, neuro-oncologists, neuro-anaesthetist and neuro-critical specialists follow a multidisciplinary approach to treat the full spectrum of neurological diseases from brain and spine tumours, stroke, epilepsy and aneurysms to parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders.
Our team of experts offers a complete range of neuroscience care, such as inpatient and outpatient treatment, neuro-diagnostic, interventional procedures and surgery. The centre represents a unique approach in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with neurological disorders. It has a dedicated neurosurgery operating room which is well-equipped with modern equipment like
- Advanced High-Resolution Microscopes
- Cavitron Ultrasonic Surgical Aspirator (CUSA)
- Cranial and Spinal Endoscopes
- High-Speed Drills
The neurologists and neurosurgeons at the centre use various diagnostic and therapeutic facilities to offer safe outcome for neurological operations include:
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Visual Evoked Potentials (VEP)
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scan
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Neuropsychological Evaluation
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scan
- Diagnostic Cerebral Angiogram (DSA)
Our ICU has a dedicated Neuro Care Unit which is manned by a committed team of Neurocritical care specialists, pulmonologists, intensivists, infectious diseases specialists, nephrologists, cardiologists and dedicated highly trained neuro staff, who provide support round the clock. The ICU is equipped with modern ventilators and the latest invasive and non-invasive facilities for monitoring of vital neurological functions.
Lifelline Medicare Neuro Centre has the following dedicated units
- Advanced Aneurysm Treatment
- Skull Base Surgery
- Minimal Access Spinal Surgery
- Neuro-endoscopy Surgery
- Functional Neurosurgery
- Emergency Head Trauma Surgery
- Paediatric Neurosurgery
- Epilepsy Surgeries
- Stroke Therapy
- Microscopic /Endoscopic Disc Surgery
- Spine Fusion Surgery
- Back Pain Management
The Comprehensive care we offer to both adult and paediatric patients with neurological disorders is coordinated by on-going management of the disease, specialised therapy or a combination of treatment options to ensure optimal outcomes.
Centre for Nephrology
The Centre for Nephrology at Lifelline Medicare Hospitals, Goregaon is an advanced centre which specialises in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of diseases and conditions concerning one of the most vital organs of our body, which is the Kidney. Our highly experienced multidisciplinary team consisting of Nephrologists, Urologists, Andrologists and Transplant Surgeons follow a ‘Hexagon Management’ approach to deliver quality services with best practices of global standards. The Centre has an excellent interdepartmental cooperation from the departments of anaesthesia, pathology, cardiology, radiology, immunology, and interventional radiology.
We aim at delivering most comprehensive care with round the clock quality services using state-of-the-art facilities such as Continuous Venovenous Hemodiafiltration (CVVHDF), Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT), Online Hemodiafiltration (OL-HDF) for haemo-dynamically unstable patients.
The dedicated specialist units at the centre are further streamlined into various sub-disciplines of ‘Nephro-Urology Care’. These include:
- Dialysis Centre
- Interventional Nephrology
- Paediatric Nephrology Unit
- Stone Clinic
We always strive to deliver the best in renal healthcare to those who seek advanced treatment ensuring patient-centric care with complete privacy and comfortable surroundings. We care for your safety and offer:
- Low infection rate & heart complications
- Higher survival rate.
- 24×7 Haemodialysis along with Online Hemodiafiltration (OL-HDF), Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT), Sustained Low Efficiency Daily Diafiltration (SLEDD), Plasma Exchanges
- Isolated units and machinery for patients infected with HIV, Hepatitis B & C, Covid-19.
- We follow the best infection control practices.
We provide both inpatient and outpatient care to both adult and paediatric patients. The Centre is supported by a dedicated ICU and ultra-modern labs associated with complete biochemistry, and immune-microbiology for keeping track on drug levels, immunohistochemistry and HLA typing.
Latest diagnostic and therapeutic facilities at the Centre include:
- Ultrasound KUB: It is a test performed using high-frequency sound waves to provide information about the shape, size, and position of each kidney.
- Uroflowmetry: It is a test performed to measure the volume of urine released from the body with the speed with its released and duration it takes to come out of the body.
- Lithotripsy: It is a therapeutic procedure that involves breaking up of stones in the kidney using shock waves.
- MRI-KUB: It is performed to assess the right size, shape, position, and function of the urinary and gastrointestinal system organs.
- MR- Renal Angio: It is done in renal denervation (ablation) processes as well as in hypertensive patients for renal artery stenosis.
- MR-Urography: It is a radiation-free examination that utilizes magnetic waves to produce comprehensive images of the kidneys, ureters, and bladder.
- CO2 Renal Angiogram: CO2 has developed into a secure and helpful vascular imaging contrast agent. It is the only established secure contrast agent in patients with renal failure and iodine contrast medium hypersensitivity.
- DMSA (Dimercaptosuccinic Acid) Scan: It is a Static Renal Scan that provides information about the size, shape, and position of the kidneys, and whether there are any scars on the kidneys from previous infections.
- Renal DTPA (Diethylene Triamine Pentaacetic Acid) Scan/ Renogram: It is a Dynamic Renal Scan which provides investigation about the blood flow to the kidneys and its functioning.
- Plain KUB (Kidney, Ureter, And Bladder) X-Ray: Provides information regarding any radio-opaque shadow within the KUB