Dr. Shilpa Ambekar – Executive Director
Dr. Shilpa Ambekar is an Obstetrician, Gynecologist and Laparoscopic Gynaec Surgeon in Mumbai. She has over a decade of experience in the subject. She is extensively trained in high risk obstetrics and has dealt with thousands of challenging obstetric cases with confidence and had successful outcomes. She has received her Laparoscopic training from Family Health Planning Centre, Mumbaiand performs minimal access surgeries apart from conventional Gynecology.
Dr. Shilpa Ambekar completed her under graduate degree from the reputed tertiary care referral centre in India, Pune University. She holds a Gold Medal in Gynaecology. She began her Obstetric career at the Chatrapati Shivaji Hospital, Thane. She has executed Obstetric, Gynaecological and Laparoscopic Surgeries and was a mentor, teacher and an examiner at the Rajiv Gandhi Medical College. She has been an invited speaker at numerous conferences around the globe. She has also been a guest speaker at public meetings organised by various charitable foundations. She has chaired sessions as a panellist on topics related recent advances in the Gynaec field.
Dr. Shilpa Ambekar is one of the best Gynecologist & Obstetricians in Mumbai. She can help you from the initial stage of Health Assessment till the child birth or even after that, in case the new mother faces certain issues or have some concerns regarding her reproductive health. Dr. Shilpa Ambekar addresses several adolescent issues like menstrual irregularities, managing pelvic pain, uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts and many other reproductive & fertility issues.
Being a Laparoscopic surgeon, Dr. Shilpa Ambekar has handled cases of investigating infertility, hysterectomy, ectopic pregnancy, polycystic ovarian syndrome, tubal ligation and sterilization. She is one of the few who perform Minimal Access surgeries apart from the conventional gynaecology surgeries. Dr. Shilpa Ambekar has extensive training in high risk obstetrics and has dealt thousands of risky cases successfully.
- 1997 – Uma Triptankar Award for securing Gold Medal in Obstetrics & Gynecology in Pune
- 2001 – Uma Triptankar & Shrimati Rukminibai Kshirsagar Award for securing Gold Medal in Obstetrics & Gynecology in Pune
- 2011 – Top 10 powerful women of India (Only Gynecologist)
- 2011 – G3 Magazine – Most Successful Gynecologist
- 2011 – By MLA Mr. Ravindra Waikar – Jogeshwari Bhushan Award
- 2012 – Mayors Award – Women’s Day “Mumbai’s dedicated women of the year” by Hon Mayor Shraddha Jadhav and Rashmi Thakarey
- 2013 – Recognised by Times of India, Indian Express, Samana for conducting a rare delivery “Monster Baby” – Baby without head, neck, heart and limb. 1st in India to perform such surgery.
- 2016 – Women’s Day – Honoured by Ministry of Higher Education, Maharashtra.